Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Our Hero, Mark Sanford

Apparently I'm not the only one who went hiking for Father's Day...

Late Monday, spokesman Joel Sawyer said the chief executive is hiking the Appalachian Trail, which explains his perplexing absence. A statement issued by Sawyer didn't make clear what part of the trail he was on.

Sawyer had said earlier in the day he wasn't aware that anyone on staff had spoken to the governor since Thursday. Sanford's wife said she hasn't heard from him in several days, including Father's Day.


... but at least I went with my wife and son. What a dumb arse.

After going AWOL for seven days, Gov. Mark Sanford admitted Wednesday that he'd secretly flown to Argentina to visit a woman with whom he'd been having an affair as steamy e-mail exchanges with his mistress emerged.

Wiping away tears, he apologized to his wife and four sons and said he will resign as head of the Republican Governors Association.

Don't Cry For Me, Argentina, indeed. I have to say, I will always love my home state of South Carolina but this is ridiculous. I guess that's why Mark didn't need that stimulus package - he was clearly getting all the stimulus he needed.


Dumb, and Proud of It.

Update I:

My wife sagely noted that if you can start an affair over email, you can certainly end one that way. "We all know why you went to Argentina."

'nuff said.

No comments: