Thursday, January 26, 2012

Wonder

There are some songs that I hear, and I just can't help but think of one particular person that I am lucky enough to spend the rest of my life with....

***

There's a song in my soul for the sun going down / When it dies at the end of the day 
With the sadness descending as soft as the sound / Of the light that was slipping away

The heavens above me seemed empty and gray / As dreams that won't ever come true 
Then the star-spangled glory of love fill the skies / And my heart with the wonder of you 

Pretty berries I carried to you / Pretty flowers still holding your hand 
Pretty reasons for dreams coming true / And for doing the best that you can 

I swear to be thankful the rest of my days / And worthy of whatever I do
For the chance I was given to live and believe / In the love and the wonder of you 


                                         -Wonder, Kris Kristofferson

***

Thank you, Doc - for being my sunrise and sunset.

No comments: