Monday, January 18, 2010

The Fall Guy

Anybody remember The Fall Guy? I am certain that this was one of my favorite shows growing up, and not just because of Heather Thomas.

I mean, forget all the reality shows on TV today - this was a story about real life the way it is supposed to be: about a guy (Colt Seavers) that grows up to be a Stunt Man and a Bounty Hunter, with a faithful sidekick, a smokin' hotgirlfriend, and a 1981 GMC 4x4 truck with a 6" lift, chrome roll bar and brush guard, Warn winch, and 35-inch Dick Cepek
off-road tires mounted on a 16-inch chrome wagon style wheel. Awesome.

By the way, re-runs of this show (although I am pretty sure I remember some originals - it didn't go off the air after the '86 season) are one of the only things that saved me after they pulled the Dukes of Hazzard.

Well, I am starting to think that Jack would like to grow up to be the Fall Guy's successor. He seems to have a natural predisposition for crashing into things - deliberately. Just check out this video clip:






I even caught him humming the tune to the title track the other day.

Well, I'm not the kind to kiss and tell,
But I've been seen with Farrah.
I've never been with anything less than a nine, so fine.
I've been on fire with Sally Field,
Gone fast with a girl named Bo.
But somehow they just don't end up as mine.
It's a death-defyin' life I lead,
I take my chances.
I die for a livin' in the movies and TV.
But the hardest thing I ever do is watch my leading ladies
Kiss some other guy while I'm bandagin' my knee.
I might fall from a tall buildin',
I might roll a brand-new car.
'Cause I'm the unknown stuntman
That made Redford such a star.
I've never spent much time in school,
But I've taught ladies plenty.
It's true I hire my body out for pay,
A hey, hey!
I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch,
But when I wind up in the hay, it's only hay,
A hey hey!
I might jump an open drawbridge,
Or Tarzan from a vine,
'Cause I'm the unknown stuntman
That makes Eastwood look so fine.

No comments: