Thursday, February 17, 2011

A taste of what's to come...

We got a pretty special package in the mail today. I'd like to share it with you all, but my parents have tickets to the premiere and I think they are entitled to the first shot.

But I did want to post just a little snippet or two of some fond memories. I remember back in 1987, I think it was, Spartanburg got 16 inches of snow and the whole city was shut down for what seemed like a month. We got our fill of sledding and running around and fires in the wood stove. We had a great front yard for sledding, plenty of elevation and a long steep driveway and some good jumps.

Here's a screen grab, not the best quality in the world - but look at the size of that snow man! After building one this past December that was only half that size, I can appreciate the hard work and skill that went into this masterpiece. But what is really great is watching the playful interaction between me and my sisters, and how without sound you can't quite tell but it looks like everyone is having the time of their young, snowy lives...


No comments: